Walk with a Leader. An offering through Hoo's Well to promote health and wellness while at work. Join fellow team members and Health System leaders once a month for a brief, 15 minute walk through the Medical Center! Walk with a Leader is hosted the first Wednesday of the month at 11:30am in the hospital's main lobby.
Hoo’s Well is our comprehensive prevention and wellness program that can help improve your general fitness and reducing your risk for heart disease, cancer, diabetes and other illnesses. Learn more about the support we offer and classes.
- UVA Care Connection gives you and your family preferred access to a suite of health care services through clinics throughout the community. Evening and weekend hours are available with select service providers. Learn More
- UVA WorkMed is a comprehensive occupational health and employee wellness program within the University of Virginia Medical Center. Learn More about what UVA WorkMed offers including services, classes and chronic care coaching.
- Employee Health provides a wide range of health screening services to team members. In addition, Employee Health also provides the Same Day Clinic for the treatment of minor acute illnesses. Learn More
- The Faculty and Employee Assistance Program (FEAP) is an extensive support program available to all team members and their families, offering consultation services, seminars, coaching, counseling, and other referral services relating to personal and professional matters. Learn More
- UVA Club Red is a UVA Heart and Vascular Center initiative designed to help women manage their heart disease risk factors through a free monthly e-newsletter filled with information on food, fitness and the latest in heart research. Visit our website to learn more or join the club.
- The UVA Mindfulness Center promotes the incorporation of mindfulness into the medical community, as well as into the lives of individuals throughout the region by offering classes, training, and instruction in mindfulness. Full program information is available through the web site.
- The School of Nursing Compassionate Care Initiative supports nurses, doctors and students by teaching resilience and compassion in healthcare. Learn more about free weekly drop-in sessions, classes, conferences and workshops.
- Chronic Care Coaching provides assistance to team members and their families to manage chronic health conditions such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes and morbid obesity with the goal of improving their health and well-being. Learn More